Queen Cells

Queen Cells
Get Yours For 2010 ( click on image )

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Beekeepers Beware of Bears !

Dancing Bee Apiaries is pleased to announce that we have added dates to our spring beekeeping lessons due to popular demand! Please visit us at www.dancingbeehoney.com and sign up for a fun afternoon of learning about beekeeping.

Also, just a reminder to all new beekeepers. I've had some fellow beeks ask me about bears and if they should bother with a fence. Trust me its worth the investment. Bear populations have been on the rise. In my area one hour east of Toronto, I had never seen a bear all my life, until two years ago. Bears can wreak havoc in an apiary and destroy hives. Just be sure that if you do get hit with a bear you contact your local bee inspector.

1 comment:

  1. Spring time is very bad for bears, they just woke up and are hungry.

    ReplyDelete